[openstack-tc] Reddwarf application for incubation

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Apr 25 13:38:57 UTC 2013

Hi John,

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 21:55 -0700, John Dickinson wrote:
> AFAIK, we have yet to receive any direction from the OpenStack BoD on
> the question of the scope of OpenStack. As such, especially with
> somethink like Red Dwarf which appears to be completely built on top
> of existing OpenStack projects, should we wait to consider the
> application?
>
> Perhaps having somewhat of a backup in incubation considerations will
> put some pressure on the BoD to more quickly answer the "what is
> OpenStack" question.

If you look at e.g. the TC motion[1] or the Incubation Update
committee's report[2], we describe the TC as considering whether a
project "represents a sensible broadening of the scope of OpenStack",
"the appropriateness of its scope", "complementary in scope" etc.

Whether a new project's scope is appropriate for an Integrated project
in OpenStack is a TC decision. We can certainly ask the BoD and others
for input on this or any other topic, but it's on us to consider and
decide on this for each Incubation application.

Cheers,
Mark.

[1] - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2012-November/002766.html
[2] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/IncubationUpdate2013