[openstack-tc] Reddwarf application for incubation

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Apr 25 13:39:55 UTC 2013

I do not believe that we are waiting on anything from the BoD at the
moment. The outcome of the IncUp joint subcommittee was to affirm the
TC's power and oversight over deciding what goes into the Integrated
Release. The committee, and then subsequently the TC and the BoD all
were on board with that outcome.

Effectively, this means that the responsibility for deciding the scope
of the OpenStack Integrated Release falls on our shoulders as the
technical leadership of the project. I think that's great.

That said, it's entirely possible that we, as the TC, could develop a
set of guidelines describing what we think OpenStack is and isn't ...
but I don't think that's particularly necessary. OpenStack is what we
say it is, and further its scope is the scope of the things that the
community of participants show up to work on.

I see no reason to not consider the reddwarf application on Tuesday.

I will say, however, that given summit sessions, reddwarf is almost
certainly going to need to change its name...