[Openstack-operators] NSX Related queries

Tzach Shefi tshefi at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 09:31:59 UTC 2016

I'm told vmware's hands on lab is a good place to start, haven't  yet
myself but planning to.
It's a free lab there is one dedicated just for NSX and well lots of
others, but the one on VIO might also interest you.
VIO is VMware's prepackaged openstack integrated into vmware with NSX
included all in the same lab, even if you don't plan on using VIO you
should still get the basics out of this lab and be able to port your
knowledge to vendor's Openstack flavor.

https://www.vmware.com/products/nsx/nsx-hol
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=vmw-openstack-hol

As mentioned by Daniel before me Scott Lowe's blog:
http://blog.scottlowe.org/learning-nvp-nsx/

Let me know if you find other good sources of info.
Tzach

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Kingshott, Daniel <
Daniel.Kingshott at bestbuy.com> wrote:

> I don’t have any installation docs I can share (licensing and all that)
> but the folks at VMWare / Nicira should be able to provide you with the
> same information.
>
> If you are new to NSX, I’d also have a read of Scott Lowe’s blog on
> learning NSX / NSX, it’s a good place to start to learn the differences
> with stock neutron and NSX.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
>
> Daniel Kingshott
> Cloud Dude
> (425) 623 4359 - Cell
>
> Best Buy Co. Inc.
> Technology Development Center
> 1000 Denny Way | 8th Floor | Seattle, WA | 98109 | USA
>

> From:  Robert Clove <cloverobert at gmail.com>
> Date:  Friday, June 3, 2016 at 11:25 AM
> To:  "Kingshott, Daniel" <Daniel.Kingshott at bestbuy.com>
> Cc:  "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org"
> <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>
> Subject:  Re: NSX Related queries
>

> As I will be doing it for the first time
> Do u have any documentation on how to do setup NSX on ESXi ?
> Or any link
>
> On Friday, June 3, 2016, Kingshott, Daniel <Daniel.Kingshott at bestbuy.com>
> wrote:
>
> I can¹t speak to a local VM but we host our NSX appliances on ESXi in our
> development environment.
>

> From:  Robert Clove <cloverobert at gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> Date:  Friday, June 3, 2016 at 10:29 AM
> To:  "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org <javascript:;>"
> <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org <javascript:;>>
> Subject:  [Openstack-operators] NSX Related queries
>

> Hi,
>
> I am clove.I have the following queries regarding NSX
>

> Can we install NSX on ESXi or any virtual machine on my desktop?
>
> Regards
> Clove

*Tzach Shefi*
Quality Engineer, Redhat OSP
+972-54-4701080 <callto:+972-52-4534729>