[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Floating IPs / Router Gateways

Jacob Godin jacobgodin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:12:48 UTC 2015

Absolutely. We're trying to reduce our public IPv4 usage, so having one per
tenant network (not even including floating IPs) is a drain.

Instead of having: instance -> (gateway IP) virtual router NAT (public IP)
-> (public gateway) router
We want to have: instance -> (gateway IP) virtual router NAT (private IP)
-> (private gateway) router NAT

We have lots of networks, so this would have a huge impact on our IP usage.
Also, in this case, floating IP addresses would still work the same way
that they do now.\

Thanks Assaf