[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Floating IPs / Router Gateways

Assaf Muller amuller at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 21:06:52 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hi folks,
>
> Looking for a bit of advice on how to accomplish something with Neutron. Our
> setup uses OVS+GRE with isolated tenant networks. Currently, we have one
> large network servicing our Floating IPs as well as our external router
> interfaces.
>
> What we're looking to do is actually have two distinct networks handle these
> tasks. One for FIPs and another for routers.
>
> Is this possible?

Every router is allocated an IP address on the same network as the floating IPs it serves.
This is unavoidable at this time. I don't see how you could work around this and separate
the two. Can you expand on what you're trying to accomplish and why? There's work going
on in this area planned for Liberty and it would be interesting to hear your use case.