[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Floating IPs / Router Gateways

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 14 21:22:19 UTC 2015

Jacob Godin <jacobgodin at gmail.com> wrote on 04/14/2015 05:12:48 PM:

> Absolutely. We're trying to reduce our public IPv4 usage, so having
> one per tenant network (not even including floating IPs) is a drain.

I am having exactly the same issue.  I am currently solving it with a
different hack that nobody likes, I will not even describe it here.  But
total agreement that the problem is important.

IPv6 is the ultimate answer, provided there is a reasonably smooth
transition.  I think we will need to support a tenant that is using both
v4 and v6 during his transition.  This will require NAT between a tenant's
v4 and v6.

Regards,
Mike