[Openstack-i18n] common (RST) translation

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Jun 5 06:49:06 UTC 2015

KATO Tomoyuki <tomo at dream.daynight.jp> wrote on 2015/06/04 19:41:53:

> From: KATO Tomoyuki <tomo at dream.daynight.jp>
> To: openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org
> Date: 2015/06/04 19:42
> Subject: [Openstack-i18n] common (RST) translation
>
> Hi team,
>
> I'm translating User Guides (RST) recently.
> I found a below problem.
> Any thought?
>
> Problem:
>   Each message catalog "pot" file contains all strings of
>   the RST document, including "common" files (glossary and so on).
>   In particular, "user-guide" and "user-guide-admin" resource at
>   Transifex have same strings in "common" files respectively.
>   This causes unintended inconsistency of translation.
>   In fact, Japanese "user-guide" and "user-guide-admin" have
>   different translated strings, which need to sync manually.

I don't understand your problem clearly.

Previously when using DocBook, there is a "common" containing the common
part of documents.
The old "user-guide" and "user-guide-admin" have dependencies to "common".
Now it changed to RST format.
The common contents are not in a separate "common" folder, but in the
document folder itself.
What's the problem do you meet with?

I think "common" is going to be deprecated in the future.
Am I right?