[Openstack-docs] Administration Guide-Design

Summer Long slong at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 03:24:45 UTC 2013

Hello all,
That was a great response! And thank you for the welcome.
So, what I'm hearing is that:

  * The provisional redesign of the doc suite can be found here:
    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprint-restructure-documentation
  * The Administration Guide (for Deployers) and the Admin Users Guide
    (for Admin and End Users) might well be the same animal, but this
    needs more analysis.
  * Tom has put up an analysis of the Compute Admin Guide (which
    currently contains too much detail).
  * At least some of this detail will be removed to the Configuration
    Reference.
  * It's still not clear whether Admin Guides per project will be
    produced. (This would obviously impact the design of an overarching
    Admin Guide.)
  * Diane is still doing an analysis of the SUSE Admin Guide.
  * Nick is currently working on a blueprint for the Admin Guide, but a
    draft isn't yet visible.

Is there anything else that Steve and I should know? Or which I've just
blatantly misunderstood?
Anne, you mentioned next week's meeting. How is that organised, and can
I jump on?

Nick, will you notify the list when your first thoughts are up on the
wiki? And I'd definitely like to have a chat about it all. :)

thanks, Summer

--
Summer Long
OpenStack Documentation