[Openstack-docs] Administration Guide-Design

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Jul 2 05:27:39 UTC 2013

On 02/07/13 13:24, Summer Long wrote:
> Hello all,
> That was a great response! And thank you for the welcome.
> So, what I'm hearing is that:
>
>   * The provisional redesign of the doc suite can be found here:
>     https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprint-restructure-documentation
>   * The Administration Guide (for Deployers) and the Admin Users Guide
>     (for Admin and End Users) might well be the same animal, but this
>     needs more analysis.
>   * Tom has put up an analysis of the Compute Admin Guide (which
>     currently contains too much detail).
>   * At least some of this detail will be removed to the Configuration
>     Reference.
>   * It's still not clear whether Admin Guides per project will be
>     produced. (This would obviously impact the design of an overarching
>     Admin Guide.)
>   * Diane is still doing an analysis of the SUSE Admin Guide.
>   * Nick is currently working on a blueprint for the Admin Guide, but a
>     draft isn't yet visible.

I'm amazed how well you cut through all of that - very impressive, and
yes - correct :)

> Is there anything else that Steve and I should know? Or which I've just
> blatantly misunderstood?
> Anne, you mentioned next week's meeting. How is that organised, and can
> I jump on?

Meetings are described at http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting

They are at 1300UTC - which is 11PM for us.

Feel free to edit the agenda with anything that you'd like to know :)

Also - it might be time to start accumulating accounts:

http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/HowTo has the full information.

Also: feel free to call me on +61 403 900 880 if you need any help, or
grab me on skype (fifieldt) or Google Plus
(https://plus.google.com/u/1/109871544182741103544) - since I'm in your
timezone :)