[release] Status: ORANGE - pip resolver issue with publish-openstack-releasenotes-python3

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 11:27:38 UTC 2021

Hello,

@release managers: Just a heads-up to highlight projects that need to be
approved carefully.
I think we could improve our filtering by only considering the failing
projects in the list of patched and unmerged projects:

https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%2522fix-relmgt-pip-doc%2522+(status:open)

Most of these projects CI met a pip resolver issue, so if we release these
projects without merging the associated patches we will fail at least with:

- publish-openstack-releasenotes-python3
- publish-openstack-sphinx-doc

Take a look to the following example:

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/os-service-types/+/769766
-
https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/53eec1ae61734bf39fb24a106920bbcf

@ptl: Please ensure that your projects aren't in the list of failing
projects and if so, please try to address the resolver issue in your
requirements.

Thanks for your reading

PS: Notice that you can consider that this email is also a friendly
reminder about the fact that we are still at the Orange level status :)