[release] Status: RED - pip resolver issue with publish-openstack-releasenotes-python3

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 15:34:06 UTC 2021

Here is the filtered list of projects that meet the conditions leading to
the bug, and who should be fixed to completely solve our issue:

adjutant-ui
api-site
blazar
blazar-nova
blazar-tempest-plugin
ceilometermiddleware
cinder-tempest-plugin
cloudkitty
cloudkitty-tempest-plugin
contributor-guide
cyborg-tempest-plugin
debtcollector
designate-tempest-plugin
etcd3gw
freezer-api
freezer-dr
glance-tempest-plugin
governance
governance-sigs
governance-website
i18n
ideas
ironic-python-agent-builder
kuryr-libnetwork
manila-image-elements
manila-tempest-plugin
molteniron
monasca-api
monasca-events-api
monasca-log-api
monasca-persister
monasca-statsd
monasca-tempest-plugin
murano-dashboard
networking-baremetal
networking-hyperv
neutron-dynamic-routing
neutron-tempest-plugin
neutron-vpnaas
openstack-manuals
openstack-virtual-baremetal
openstack-zuul-roles
os-apply-config
os-collect-config
os-refresh-config
os-service-types
osprofiler
ossa
pycadf
pyeclib
pymod2pkg
python-cyborgclient
python-masakariclient
python-monascaclient
release-test
security-analysis
security-doc
senlin-tempest-plugin
solum-dashboard
sushy
sushy-tools
telemetry-tempest-plugin
tempest-lib
tempest-stress
training-guides
tripleo-common
tripleo-common-tempest-plugin
tripleo-heat-templates
tripleo-image-elements
tripleo-puppet-elements
tripleo-quickstart-extras
tripleo-repos
tripleo-upgrade
trove-dashboard
virtualbmc
vitrage-tempest-plugin
whereto
workload-ref-archs
zaqar-tempest-plugin
zun-tempest-plugin

Notice that some of these projects aren't deliverables but if possible it
could be worth fixing them too.

These projects have an incompatibility between entries in their
test-requirements.txt, and they're missing a doc/requirements.txt file.

The more straightforward path to unlock our job "
publish-openstack-releasenotes-python3" is to create a doc/requirements.txt
file that only contains the needed dependencies to reduce the possibility
of pip resolver issues. I personally think that we could use the latest
allowed version of requirements (sphinx, reno, etc...).

I propose to track the related advancement by using the
"fix-relmgt-pip-doc" gerrit topic, when all the projects will be fixed we
would be able to update our status.

Also it could be worth fixing test-requirements.txt incompatibilities but
this task is more on the projects teams sides and this task could be done
with a follow up patch.

Thoughts?