[release] Status: RED - pip resolver issue with publish-openstack-releasenotes-python3

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 4 15:54:05 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-04 16:15:45 +0100 (+0100), Herve Beraud wrote:
[...]
> In parallel, fungi (Jeremy Stanley) will bring this topic on the zuul side
> too, to see if we can add something there to override this rule
> (test-requirements.txt as the default case).
[...]

Well, what I was originally suggesting was that we'd want some way
to have it use doc/requirements.txt instead of
test-requirements.txt, but on closer reading of the role it already
actually does that automatically, so I'm not sure there's much else
to be done on the Zuul end of things. Really as you point out this
needs to be fixed in the individual projects by either correcting
these incompatibilities between intentionally unconstrained
linters/static analyzers in their test-requirements.txt files, or by
following OpenStack's long-standing docs PTI recommendations (and
ideally doing both):

    "List python dependencies needed for documentation in
    doc/requirements.txt"

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/project-testing-interface.html#documentation

--
Jeremy Stanley