[openstack-dev] [qa] Tempest bug triage questions

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 15:41:56 UTC 2015

On 06/22/2015 10:15 AM, Yaroslav Lobankov wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have some questions about the bug triage procedure for Tempest:
>
> 1. Some bugs in Tempest have status "Fix committed". Should we move
> statuses of these bugs to "Fix released"?
Yes, tempest doesn't have the kind of releases where Fix committed makes
sense.

> 2. Many bugs have statuses "In progress", but patches for these bugs
> have -1 from someone (or their workflow is -1)
>     and it looks like these patches are abandoned, while statuses of
> such patches are "Review in progress".
>     What should we do with such bugs?
This is kind of tricky without the project having a "manager". I think
we usually ping with a comment in the bug to see what the holdup is. If
there is no response, we would set it back to Triaged of Confirmed.

> 3. What should we do with bugs like this [1]? It says that
> TimeoutException occurred, but the log of the test is unavailable
>     by the link already. I don't know how to reproduce the issue,
> besides the log of the test is unavailable. What should I do with this
> bug?
This bug is about how tempest should handle cases where a resource
deletion fails. I think it is a legitimate issue though the answer is
not clear given a gate that may be very slow at times.

  -David