[openstack-dev] [horizon] Minimum Unit Test Coverage

Rob Cresswell (rcresswe) rcresswe at cisco.com
Wed Jul 22 13:33:07 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As far as I’m aware, we don’t currently enforce any minimum unit test coverage, despite Karma generating reports. I think as part of the review guidelines, it would be useful to set a minimum. Since Karma’s detection is fairly relaxed, I’d put it at 100% on the automated reports.

I think the biggest drawback is that the tests may not be “valuable”, but rather just meet the minimum requirements. I understand this sentiment, but I think that “less valuable” is better then “not present” and it gives reviewers a clear line to +1/ -1 a patch. Furthermore, it encourages the unit tests to be written in the first place, so that reviewers can then ask for improvements, rather than miss them.

Rob