[openstack-dev] OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest December 5-11

Mike Perez mike at openstack.org
Fri Dec 11 19:32:45 UTC 2015

Success Bot Says
================
* AJaeger: With Juno End-of-Life, Python 2.6 testing has been removed from
  OpenStack CI.
* Tell us yours via IRC with a message “#success [insert success]”.
* More: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Successes

Gerrit Update 12/16
===================
* Gerrit will be offline December 16th 17:00-21:00 UTC
* Gerrit will be upgraded to 2.11
* IP address will stay the same.
* For questions, reply to the thread or on IRC #openstack-infra.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081037.html

Release Countdown For Week R-17, Dec 7-11
* Release actions:
  - If the Liberty release notes page [2] doesn’t have a link to your project’s
    release notes, submit a patch to your deliverable file in
    openstack/releases.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081351.html

Bugs Will Now Close Automatically When Patches Merge
* Part of deprecating our use of Launchpad for tracking completed work, when a
  patch with "Fixes-Bug" in the commit message merges, the bug will move to
  ‘Fixed Released” instead of “Fix Committed”.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081612.html

Cleaning Up Deprecation Warnings in the Gate
* We have a lot of logs to process in our elastic search cluster, which results
  in frequently having issues with the amount of RAM available in the cluster.
* In general it would be good for projects to look at how verbose their logging
  is, and if that’s really necessary.
* Using this query [3] to show deprecation warnings on jobs running on master
  the past 7 days shows 17576707 hits.
* We need volunteers to to make changes in things like Devstack to have it
  avoid using deprecated options.
  - If you would like to help, please use the topic
    ‘stop-using-deprecated-options’ [4].
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081984.html

Stable Team PTL Elected
=======================
* Close to 200 voters have elected Matt Riedmann as the first stable team PTL
  [5].
* Matt will be looking into meeting times next week to begin discussions on
  transitioning from release team and work items.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081824.html

Announcing the OpenStack Health Dashboard
* A dashboard to visualize the state of tests running in gate [6].
* Started last September, it’s still in early phases.
* Biggest limitations:
  - The datastore: using subunit2sql as the backend for all data and only
    collecting results for tempest and grenade runs in the gate and periodic
    queues.
  - No results for runs that fail before tempest starts running.
* Code [7]
* Launchpad [8]
* Work items that need to be done [9].
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081464.html