[openstack-dev] Announcing the OpenStack Health Dashboard

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Dec 4 20:38:29 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

As some people may have seen already we've been working on creating a test
results dashboard up and running to visualize the state of the tests running in
the gate. You can get to the dashboard here:

http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/

It's still early for this project (we only started on it back in Sept.), so not
everything is really polished yet and there are still a couple of issues and
limitations.

The biggest current limitation is based on the data store. We're using
subunit2sql as the backend for all the data and right now we only are collecting
results for tempest and grenade runs in the gate and periodic queues. This is
configurable, as any job that emits a subunit stream can use the same mechanism,
and it is something we will likely change in the future.

We also don't have any results for runs that fail before tempest starts running,
since we need a subunit stream to populate the DB with results. However, we have
several proposed paths to fix this, so it's just a matter of time. But for right
now if a job fails before tests start running it isn't counted on the dashboard.

The code for everything lives here:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-health/

If you find an issue feel free to file a bug here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-health

We're eager to see this grow to enable the dashboard to suit the needs of anyone
looking at the gate results.

We're tracking work items that need to be done here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-health-tracking

Please feel free to contribute if you have an idea on how to improve the
dashboard, or want to take on one of the existing TODO items. The only way we'll
be able to grow this into something that fits everyone's needs is if more people
get involved in improving it.

Thanks,

Matthew Treinish