[OpenStack-Infra] Need help on Transifex setting

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Aug 29 05:15:14 UTC 2013

Thanks for looking into it again.

Regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote on 2013/08/29 12:42:05:

> Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org>
> 2013/08/29 12:42

> openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org,
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [OpenStack-Infra] Need help on Transifex setting
>
> On 21/08/13 16:33, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Translation team wants to set shared glossary among all OpenStack
> > projects in Transifex.
> > Recently, Transifex introduced "Organization". The same glossary or TM
> > can be used across
> > multiple projects belonging to the same organization. It��s possible to
> > designate specific
> > users as Organization Administrators. Each admin will be able to manage
> > glossary sharing
> > details[1]. The glossary can be bootstrapped by uploading a CSV file.
> >
> > The glossary can be only shared among projects with the same source
> > language. Now under
> > OpenStack, the source language of some projects (Cinder, Glance,
> > Horizon, and Nova) are "en_US",
> > and the source language of the others are "en". The source language
> > "en_US" may cause issues. We
> > knew 1 bug[2] in Horizon.
> >
> > So I need help to
> > * An admin to create a shared glossary among all projects under
> > "OpenStack". The initial CSV file
> > can be gotten from translation team.
>
> Since we still have  the en vs en_US problem, I have merged the
> glossaries into two:
>

>      openstack_2012-08-02 (English)
>
>      Ceilometer Heat Keystone Neutron OpenStack OpenStack Manuals savanna

French team is working on the glossary importing.
I think they are importing to the previous glossary used by openstack hub.
I don't know if it is openstack_2012-08-02 (English).
If you did some check, I trust you.

>      horizon_2012-08-17 (English (United States))
>
>      Cinder Glance Horizon Nova

At last, we need to use only 1 glossary.
So we'd better to change the source language to English.

> > * Change the source language of projects from "en_US" to "en". It
cannot
> > be changed directly. The
> > new source file with source language as "en" has to be uploaded to
> > replace the old one by manual.
>
> My understanding on what we need to do here is:
>
> eg for Nova
>
> 0. Backup translations from nova project
> 1. Create a new project nova-new
> 2. Upload new translation source to nova-new, using language=en
> 3. Upload the translation backup to nova-new
> 4. test that translations have restored from backup OK
> 5. Rename nova to nova-old
> 6. Rename nova-new to nova
> 7. Test that everything in the toolchain works
> 8. delete nova-old
>
> Repeat for: Cinder Glance Horizon
>
> Does that make sense?

I have plan to update the source language of Horizon by the following
steps:
Step 1. Pull the all of the translation results from Transifex.
Step 2. Create new translation resources in Transifex based on the PO files
in Github, with source language setting as "en".
Step 3. Update the translation results to the latest version and push to
Transifex.

I don't know if I can success.
I will let you know the result, then we can broadcast to openstack mailing
list and
ask the owner or the maintainer to do the same to Nova, Cinder and Glance.

> One other note from clarkb: where we do an extract_catalog in the
> jenkins scripts we may need to enforce the source locale [so it's always
> set consistently]

Sorry, I cannot understand.