[OpenStack-Infra] Need help on Transifex setting

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Aug 29 04:42:05 UTC 2013

On 21/08/13 16:33, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Translation team wants to set shared glossary among all OpenStack
> projects in Transifex.
> Recently, Transifex introduced "Organization". The same glossary or TM
> can be used across
> multiple projects belonging to the same organization. It��s possible to
> designate specific
> users as Organization Administrators. Each admin will be able to manage
> glossary sharing
> details[1]. The glossary can be bootstrapped by uploading a CSV file.
>
> The glossary can be only shared among projects with the same source
> language. Now under
> OpenStack, the source language of some projects (Cinder, Glance,
> Horizon, and Nova) are "en_US",
> and the source language of the others are "en". The source language
> "en_US" may cause issues. We
> knew 1 bug[2] in Horizon.
>
> So I need help to
> * An admin to create a shared glossary among all projects under
> "OpenStack". The initial CSV file
> can be gotten from translation team.

Since we still have  the en vs en_US problem, I have merged the
glossaries into two:

     openstack_2012-08-02 (English)

     Ceilometer Heat Keystone Neutron OpenStack OpenStack Manuals savanna

     horizon_2012-08-17 (English (United States))

     Cinder Glance Horizon Nova

> * Change the source language of projects from "en_US" to "en". It cannot
> be changed directly. The
> new source file with source language as "en" has to be uploaded to
> replace the old one by manual.

My understanding on what we need to do here is:

eg for Nova

0. Backup translations from nova project
1. Create a new project nova-new
2. Upload new translation source to nova-new, using language=en
3. Upload the translation backup to nova-new
4. test that translations have restored from backup OK
5. Rename nova to nova-old
6. Rename nova-new to nova
7. Test that everything in the toolchain works
8. delete nova-old

Repeat for: Cinder Glance Horizon

Does that make sense?

One other note from clarkb: where we do an extract_catalog in the
jenkins scripts we may need to enforce the source locale [so it's always
set consistently]

Regards,

Tom