[OpenStack-Infra] Need help on Transifex setting

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Aug 29 05:21:48 UTC 2013

On 29/08/13 15:15, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> [...]
>  > > and the source language of the others are "en". The source language
>  > > "en_US" may cause issues. We
>  > > knew 1 bug[2] in Horizon.
>  > >
>  > > So I need help to
>  > > * An admin to create a shared glossary among all projects under
>  > > "OpenStack". The initial CSV file
>  > > can be gotten from translation team.
>  >
>  > Since we still have  the en vs en_US problem, I have merged the
>  > glossaries into two:
>  >
>  >
>  >      openstack_2012-08-02 (English)
>  >
>  >      Ceilometer Heat Keystone Neutron OpenStack OpenStack Manuals savanna
>  >

> French team is working on the glossary importing.
> I think they are importing to the previous glossary used by openstack hub.
> I don't know if it is openstack_2012-08-02 (English).
> If you did some check, I trust you.
>
>  >      horizon_2012-08-17 (English (United States))
>  >
>  >      Cinder Glance Horizon Nova
>  >

> At last, we need to use only 1 glossary.
> So we'd better to change the source language to English.
>
>  >
>  > > * Change the source language of projects from "en_US" to "en". It
> cannot
>  > > be changed directly. The
>  > > new source file with source language as "en" has to be uploaded to
>  > > replace the old one by manual.
>  >
>  > My understanding on what we need to do here is:
>  >
>  > eg for Nova
>  >
>  > 0. Backup translations from nova project
>  > 1. Create a new project nova-new
>  > 2. Upload new translation source to nova-new, using language=en
>  > 3. Upload the translation backup to nova-new
>  > 4. test that translations have restored from backup OK
>  > 5. Rename nova to nova-old
>  > 6. Rename nova-new to nova
>  > 7. Test that everything in the toolchain works
>  > 8. delete nova-old
>  >
>  > Repeat for: Cinder Glance Horizon
>  >
>  > Does that make sense?
>  >

> I have plan to update the source language of Horizon by the following steps:
> Step 1. Pull the all of the translation results from Transifex.
> Step 2. Create new translation resources in Transifex based on the PO
> files in Github, with source language setting as "en".
> Step 3. Update the translation results to the latest version and push to
> Transifex.
>
> I don't know if I can success.
> I will let you know the result, then we can broadcast to openstack
> mailing list and
> ask the owner or the maintainer to do the same to Nova, Cinder and Glance.

I noticed that the source language is set when the project is created,
so maybe it needs new projects to fix this :(

I am trying a test import now with
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/nova-new/ - but for some reason the
TMX upload has only done English, even though all other translations are
in the downloaded TMX file.

It did say it was a background process that "took some time", but I
worry maybe the all-language TMX is too large.

I am playing a bit more.