[User-committee] [Product] wiki page change proposal

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Sun Jun 25 20:00:35 UTC 2017

Team,
Andy and I review current wiki page https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam.

Proposal for PWG wiki page update:

Date, time, and IRC channel: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#OpenStack_Product_WG

-          Good no need to change
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#OpenStack_Product_WG that page need to change as we no longer have Tuesday calls (ask Kei)

Past IRC meeting logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/product_working_group/

-          Good, no changes
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PWG_Archives -

-          need to add Austin and Boston summits

-
Need to replace Ocata Priorities with Queens ones (and add pointer to Pike one) - need to bring for the team.
Need to find pointer to Boston Summit etherpad, and last mid cycle, and add it to release priority.
In general we will need ones from Forum, PTG. last mid cycle and ops meetup.
Add as goal a process for autogenerating list of reqs from Forum and PTG meetings.
No changes for Mission. Or Who we are.

Objections:
Collect Feedback and Aggregate Requirements<https://github.com/openstack/development-proposals/>; - no change. We can bulletize them into
*      Collect (and aggregate) user, admin, customer, and operator feedback and requirements
*      Gather data/requirements from other working groups; coordinate overlaps
Development Proposals Planning, Prioritization, and Development<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam/Development_Proposals>;

Develop a repeatable, transparent, process for prioritization of Development Proposals<http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-user-stories/>; create blueprints/specs (or bug report) associated with the Development Proposal on a per-release cycle basis. The team will work within their organizations to fill any necessary resource gaps and create a tracker to track the implementation progress of the Development Proposal across projects and multiple releases. The criteria for the process along with the results should be clearly communicated with the community and our end-customers.

This text need change. Here are items that need attention:
*      Work with the UC, TC and Board to prioritize platform-wide objectives based on  user priorities (missing)
*      Periodic coordination/collaboration across WGs/Product Managers. (missing)
*      Add project to creation list
*      "to fill any necessary resource gaps" If we cannot do that should we change our processes
*      Replace Development Proposals<http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-user-stories/> with https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam/Development_Proposals pointer.
Multi-release Roadmap<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam/MultiRelease_Roadmap> -
*      Add maintenance of roadmap to objective

Globally replaces "user stories" with "development proposals", including templates and linked pages.

Terminology overload on word "proposal". See if we can come up with maybe "concept" as we fill template and then "define" for integrating gap analysis into "proposal" Then implementation and tracking.

Templates - no change
Subteams - need owner per each subteam page.
Roadmap release team page need full update - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam/MultiRelease_Roadmap
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Product_Working_Group - need refresh.
Development Proposal Owners - need to add gap analysis to responsibility.
https://github.com/openstack/development-proposals/ - need to be updated (user story remnants)
Core team - need to update the list - Kenny dropped. Add email reflector subscription and participation for core member guideline.
Feature tracker -  need updating http://featuretracker.openstack.org/projectList. Also need to update https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam/FeatureTracker. Need to decide if we are tracking proposal of feature within a proposal.

Remove whole section on Product WG Pilot Phase
As it is handled in Development Proposal section of the wiki.
Remove sub-pages section - as these are handled above already.

Recommendation - add a page for liaison with other User WGs.

Arkady Kanevsky, Ph.D.
Director of SW Development
Dell EMC CPSD
Dell Inc. One Dell Way, MS PS2-91