[User-committee] [Product] Moderator guide review

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Sun Jun 25 18:00:15 UTC 2017

Team,
I will miss Monday meeting.
Thanks,
Arkady

From: Kanevsky, Arkady
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2017 12:58 PM
To: user-committee at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [User-committee] [Product] Moderator guide review

Team,
I had reviewed https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Moderator_Guide

Good guide a few recommendations.
For either session, suggest adding a bullet for note taker.
It is best to have somebody who is familiar with etherpad and with the topic of discussion to take notes on etherpad, especially capturing items from folks who only speak and do not take notes ton etherpad. To many time I had seen free flowing discussion without any etherpad activities.
As moderator do encourage periodically speakers to put their comments into etherpad.
It is also the best way to capture ##actions as not everybody is familiar with it yet.

Also suggest to review etherpad at the end of the session to capture any missing items while they are fresh. Also good to review with the participants AIs (##xyz) taken.

Template with 1. 1. Sliding to the right is bad. Need to be fixed.

Keeping pointers to previous forums, design summit, PTL, ops summit etherpad is a must. We also need a way to count the impact of ##<hashtag>.
How many where collected. How many where reviewed. How many where acted upon: proposal, blueprint, spec, bug, etc. We need to show that we as developer community are responsive to we as user community.
Maybe even review results from previous Forum/PTL/ops at the next one.

Thanks,
Arkady
Arkady Kanevsky, Ph.D.
Director of SW Development