[Product] [Openstack-operators] Draft Agenda for MAN Ops Meetup (Feb 15, 16)

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Feb 9 09:14:56 UTC 2016

Hi Jay,

Just copying my reply to your post on the community list from last month:

"""
Generally, the ops meetups tend to be about the running of existing
projects, and tend to focus on the infrastructure level - I'm not sure
you'd get much useful feedback there if the big discussion is about the
IOS library level.

On the other hand, to gather some information about how people run their
clouds for feeding into a potential app use of those IOS libs, the
openstack-operators mailing list would be a point. Starting a
wide-ranging discussion around best practice for managing/monitoring
openstack, without even mentioning your end goal initially would
probably be the kind of thing that would go down well there.
"""

Since then there doesn't appear to be any posts on the mailing list
related to Vanaha. Space at the ops meetup is fairly competitive - more
than a few proposed sessions did not make it this time. In order to
ensure there'd be sufficient interest in a session at the ops meetup for
Vahana, I would suggest you raise interest in the project using the
mailing list, and then submit it on the planning etherpad for a future
event.

Regards,

Tom