[Openstack] Nova + LXD + Ceph?

Torin Woltjer torin.woltjer at granddial.com
Tue Mar 13 13:59:13 UTC 2018

Thank you for the response James.

I now have a couple of further questions regarding boot volume support on nova-lxd.

Is this feature on the radar?
On nova-kvm documentation states you need shared storage for live migration; is this the same case with nova-lxd, or can you live migrate between compute hosts when using a dir storage pool for root?
Putting the host's LXD storage under a folder that a ceph pool is mounted on, while an obvious sleight of hand, what would the repercussions be?

I don't know if anyone has answers to these, but any are welcome. I'm assuming the feature I'm looking for relys on work from the nova project rather than the LXD project; I will try to track down a nova features timeline or submit a request myself.
James, any documentation you can put together would be great and I look forward to seeing it.

Thanks.