[Openstack] Upgrade Nova Ocata -> Pike placement section

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au
Tue Jun 5 08:48:15 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at upgrading Nova from Ocata to Pike and reading https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/pike.html: "Ensure the [placement] section of nova.conf for the nova-conductor service is filled in." Can I get some input on what that means?

That is, I assume it needs to be our nova controllers, not compute nodes, and nova.conf [placement] section... but which settings need values? All of them?

Thanks,
Greg.