[Openstack] Cinder iscsi performance

Jimmy Colestock jcolestock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 15:45:47 UTC 2018

Thanks Remo,

Agree’d, ephemeral will pretty much always be faster, I’m seeing orders of magnitude difference between the 2, at times.  After a bunch of testing, I’m pretty convinced its not KVM/QEMU or iscsi configurations, it’s looking like its something with my 3par configuration.  Initially thought it may just be a function of growing a sparce volume, but running IO tests multiple times, I still get inconsistent results.

Anyway, thanks for the reply..

JC

Jim Colestock
jcolestock at gmail.com <mailto:jcolestock at gmail.com>