[Openstack] Adding new Hard disk to Compute Node

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Wed Aug 8 09:24:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

there are a couple of questions rising up:

- what do you mean by "disks are not added"? Does the server recognize
them? Do you see them in the output of "lsblk"?
- Do you already have existing physical volumes for cinder (assuming
you deployed cinder with lvm as in the provided link)?
- If the system recognizes the new disks and you deployed cinder with
lvm you can create a new physical volume and extend your existing
volume group to have more space for cinder. Is this a failing step or
someting else?
- Please describe more precisely what exactly you tried and what
exactly fails.

The failing neutron-l3-agent shouldn't have to do anything with your
disk layout, so it's probably something else.

Regards,
Eugen