[Openstack] openstack console port from dashboard

yang sheng forsaks.30 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:21:05 UTC 2017

Hi ALL

I have openstack liberty running and everything works fine.

The vm console from dashboard is also working fine using port 6080.

when click console, the URL is:
http://controller_vip:6080/vnc_auto.html?token=XXX&title=VM_name(openstack_id)

I want to customize the dashboard console port to other port, say 6090, to:
http://controller_vip:6090
/vnc_auto.html?token=XXX&title=VM_name(openstack_id)

I tried to change all the value from 6080 to 6090 in nova.conf based on
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/compute-remote-console-access.html,
especially "novncproxy_base_url"

However, when do the netstat, the controller is still listening on port
6080 and when click console from dashboard, the URL still use port 6080.

is there any other config I need to change?

Thanks