[Openstack] [openstack][nova][powervm] FYI: PowerVM out-of-tree driver namespace changing

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Tue Jan 10 20:37:38 UTC 2017

Hi all. Now that we're starting the process of integrating the PowerVM
compute driver into nova[1], we're needing to change the namespace of
the out-of-tree driver[2] so OOT consumers don't run into conflicts. You
can track this change on gerrit[3].

The upshot: As you upgrade from newton to ocata, OOT nova-powervm
consumers will have to change:

  compute_driver = powervm.driver.PowerVMDriver

to:

  compute_driver = powervm_ext.driver.PowerVMDriver

Feel free to contact us in IRC on #openstack-powervm if you have
questions or concerns.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/powervm-nova-compute-driver
[2] https://github.com/openstack/nova-powervm/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/413736/