[Openstack] Trove MySQL v5.[67] images?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Sun Oct 9 17:36:59 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Mark Kirkwood's message of 2016-10-03 15:23:10 +1300:
> On 03/10/16 09:28, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
>
> > On Oct 2, 2016, at 9:02 PM, Remo Mattei wrote:
> >
> >> Production ready will not be deployed from source.
> > Not surprised, but why not?
>
> As I understand it, the devstack images (last time I looked...Kilo or
> Liberty) :
>
> - attempt to rsync trove guestagent binaries from (probably) hosts
> running the trove scheduler/taskmanager
> - (perhaps) expect to be able to rsync as user stack
>
> ...now the deployment documentation stated that such a setup was *not*
> suitable for production. i.e a 'proper' trove guest image should have
> the guestagent package installed.
>
> I think a bit more help supplied to Turbo would be good (we *say* that
> Openstack is a welcoming place for new comers...we haven't quite lived
> up to that in this thread I feel)

Mark, we're welcoming, but we also don't really have time to reiterate
on solved issues because somebody doesn't like the answer we gave.

This is solved in all of the ways trove is already deployed in the
numerous production ready deployment systems. One can simply go read
how they do it and copy, or even just read the Trove manuals, but our
friend seems to want a new answer for some reason.

Plenty of examples here:

http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=guestagent&i=nope&files=&repos=