[Openstack] Trove MySQL v5.[67] images?

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Oct 3 02:23:10 UTC 2016

On 03/10/16 09:28, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2016, at 9:02 PM, Remo Mattei wrote:
>
>> Production ready will not be deployed from source.
> Not surprised, but why not?

As I understand it, the devstack images (last time I looked...Kilo or
Liberty) :

- attempt to rsync trove guestagent binaries from (probably) hosts
running the trove scheduler/taskmanager
- (perhaps) expect to be able to rsync as user stack

...now the deployment documentation stated that such a setup was *not*
suitable for production. i.e a 'proper' trove guest image should have
the guestagent package installed.

I think a bit more help supplied to Turbo would be good (we *say* that
Openstack is a welcoming place for new comers...we haven't quite lived
up to that in this thread I feel)

Best wishes

Mark