[Openstack] Trove MySQL v5.[67] images?

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Oct 10 02:19:59 UTC 2016

On 10/10/16 06:36, Clint Byrum wrote:
> Excerpts from Mark Kirkwood's message of 2016-10-03 15:23:10 +1300:

>>> Not surprised, but why not?
>> As I understand it, the devstack images (last time I looked...Kilo or
>> Liberty) :
>>
>> - attempt to rsync trove guestagent binaries from (probably) hosts
>> running the trove scheduler/taskmanager
>> - (perhaps) expect to be able to rsync as user stack
>>
>> ...now the deployment documentation stated that such a setup was *not*
>> suitable for production. i.e a 'proper' trove guest image should have
>> the guestagent package installed.
>>
>> I think a bit more help supplied to Turbo would be good (we *say* that
>> Openstack is a welcoming place for new comers...we haven't quite lived
>> up to that in this thread I feel)
>>
> Mark, we're welcoming, but we also don't really have time to reiterate
> on solved issues because somebody doesn't like the answer we gave.
>
> This is solved in all of the ways trove is already deployed in the
> numerous production ready deployment systems. One can simply go read
> how they do it and copy, or even just read the Trove manuals, but our
> friend seems to want a new answer for some reason.
>
> Plenty of examples here:
>
> http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=guestagent&i=nope&files=&repos=

Thanks Clint - and I do see your point. The link you posted *is* useful
and helpful!

I gave criticism as I thought (from what I saw of the email thread
here), that some of the previous responses  - essentially - use devstack
images or get lost...were not very welcoming (or even correct)!

regards

Marfk