[Openstack] Brigde on compute node confusing tenant network with system interface.

Kaustubh Kelkar kaustubh.kelkar at casa-systems.com
Mon May 16 21:00:18 UTC 2016

>> With tcpdump I can see instance making the ARP request 'who has 192.168.0.1'. However, the first answer is from bridge qvb, using the bridge mac address.
I believe this is due to L2 population + ARP responder mechanism where OVS itself creates an ARP reply and sends it back to avoid the ARP flooding. However, the reply should have the gateway’s MAC as its source. What source MAC do you see in the ARP reply?

Have you disabled reverse path filtering on your compute nodes (/etc/sysctl.conf) ?:
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=0
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter=0

-Kaustubh