[Openstack] there seems to be a conflict of IP port 6000 for swift

Peter Brouwer peter.brouwer at oracle.com
Fri Apr 29 09:12:09 UTC 2016

Hello All,

When looking at the ports used by the system I noticed port 6000 is
already in use before starting the swift services.

In the swift object-server.conf file the default port setting is 6000
to, so yes when starting the swift object server there is an error
message in the corresponding log file and the object-service is put in a
maintenance state.

How do I find out which other unix process is using this 6000 port, it
seems that 6001 is in the range (6000-6007)  commonly used by x11. Why
did the swift openstack folks pick the same port range for their storage
services processes?

--
Regards,

Peter Brouwer, Principal Software Engineer,
Oracle Application Integration Engineering.
Phone:  +44 1506 672767, Mobile +44 7720 598 226
E-Mail: Peter.Brouwer at Oracle.com