[Openstack] Flat networking not pinging LAN machines

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 21:43:52 UTC 2015

I have installed JUNO on VIrtualBox to test Flat networking where i want my
VM directly connect to LAN and get DHCP from my company DHCP server.

I found following document

https://trickycloud.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/setting-up-a-flat-network-with-neutron/

My VM is up and running and i can ping br-ex interface but i can't ping my
Host Machine (laptop).

I have enabled promiscuous mode on eth0 but still not pinging..

Also everybody saying flat networking is simple but i am tired of trying
all variation and failed... what is the best way to make it work?