[Openstack] OpenStack Network Configuration Problems

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Nov 16 14:25:01 UTC 2015

What you need is a flat "provider network"

Basically you need to follow these steps:

- Create an ovs bridge
- Update your openvswitch agent configuration file with
bridgemapping=physnet1:<your-bridge-name>    where physnet1 can be any
name.
- Now create a provider network of type "flat", with the physical
network "physnet1". You can do this in Horizon in the admin section or
using the neutron api/cli.

- As Subnet pick 172.17.106.0/24. With the allocation pool option you
can specify which ips of this subnet should be available to Openstack
and which not.

- Add your eth0 interface to the bridge (ovs-vscltl add-port ..).
IMPORTANT: If you do this, you will lose ip connectivity via this
interface! So ensure that you are NOT logged in via this ip! After you
added the port, you can remove the ip from the eth interface and assign
it to the bridge - your ip connectivity will work again. Alternatively
ensure that your Openstack Node has 2 interfaces to this network. You
can use one for ip traffic and the other one as interface to your
bridge.

Hope that helps!

--
Andreas