[Openstack] Vxlan/gre port is not created in br-tun Kilo

Aleksei Stupnikov astupnikov at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 12 09:30:45 UTC 2015

Hello, Amir.

I have had exactly the same problem some time ago. Please see a description
and possible solution at
https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/68671/centos7-rdo-vxlan-tcp-segment-losses/
(you should check statistics at L2 and L3 interfaces using ethtool -S and
ip -s commands before applying proposed WA).

BR, Alexey Stupnikov.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Amir Huskić <amir.huskic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> vxlan/gre port is not created in br-tun Kilo. I'm using PC with two NICs,
> running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Devstack skript for Kilo installation (single
> node setup).
>
> My goal is to enable L2 connectivity between VMs (vxlan/gre network) on
> Kilo and external Linux host.
> Eth0 is used for br-ex and LAN connectivity. That part is fine. I can ping
> and ssh to VMs using their floating IP.
> Eth1 should be used for vxlan/gre tunnel connection between Kilo node and
> Linux external node that have vxlan/gre interfaces.
>
> eth0: 192.168.123.1
> eth1: 192.168.100.254
> VMs internal: 192.168.10.x
> Linux external host vxlan/gre tunnel: 192.168.10.10, eth0 192.168.50.10
>
> amir at openstack:~/devstack$ sudo ovs-vsctl show
> c2020516-3b76-4b8c-8fa6-110fcb4fd5e3
>     Bridge br-tun
>         fail_mode: secure
>         Port patch-int
>             Interface patch-int
>                 type: patch
>         Port br-tun
>             Interface br-tun
>                 type: internal
>     Bridge br-int
>         fail_mode: secure
>
> When I try to ping from VMs to external Linux host using L2 network
> segment (192.168.10.5 -> 192.168.10.10) I can see using tcpdump that
> packets are coming only to br-int. When I try to ping from Linux external
> host to VMs using L2 network segment (192.168.10.10 -> 192.168.10.5) ping
> packets are coming to eth1 but not also to br-tun.
>
> I can add vxlan/gre port to OVS manually but nothing change and also tried
> with vxlan and gre but result is the same.
>
> Here are my configuration files and CLI output (ifconfig, ip a, OVS
> bridges/ports status, etc):
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4298410/Openstack_vxlan.zip
>
> What I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thank you.