[Openstack] Openstask + VMware with NO networking possible

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon May 11 07:00:25 UTC 2015

Hi,
There are a number of different networking solutions when using the Vmware drivers.
If you make use of the vmware_nsx neutron networking repo then you have the following three:

  1.  NSX-MH
  2.  NSXv
  3.  Simple DVS

The simple DVS enables you to spin up Vms and get network connectivty. This does not have security groups and layer 3 support.
Thanks
Gary