[Openstack] Openstask + VMware with NO networking possible

Romil Gupta romilgupta19 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 17:49:52 UTC 2015

Hi Satish,

Is it possible to deploy VM without configuring network component?

Ans: I feel its not possible if you are using Neutron.

To configure networking with VMware, you have following Options:

1. Using NSX plugin.(Need to have licence)

2. Using networking-vsphere (Opensource supports VLAN, VXLAN with SF's)
https://github.com/stackforge/networking-vsphere
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/Networking-vSphere

3. Using Neutron with OVS-agent. (Flat networking, no tenant isolation)
http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/config-reference/content/vmware.html

4. Using nova-network.(deprecated)

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Satish Patel <satish.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am doing some testing and experiment, I have install openstack and
> integrate with VMware but somehow i am not able to deploy instance on
> VMware but i can see error.
>
> Just wonder we are using Neutron networking, so do i have to use NSX
> configured on VMware? at this stage i don't care about networking, only i
> care it create VM auto matically.
>
> is it possible to deploy VM without configuring network component?

*Regards,*

*Romil *