[Openstack] Snapshot size in OpenStack

Abhishek Shrivastava abhishek at cloudbyte.com
Tue Jun 16 07:36:38 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

I am using DevStack Master setup and created a 1 GB volume using its
Horizon. But while creating its snapshot I found out that it is taking the
same size as that of volume(i.e; 1 GB).

However, I am using a third-party cinder driver whose snapshot's are COW
based which consumes only the block diff as its size. But in OpenStack the
snapshot uses the same size as that of volume which eventually leads to
QUOTA Exceed errors.

I would like to know if there is any way to set the OpenStack snapshot size
equal to the backend storage's snapshot size?

--

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Abhishek*