[Openstack] instance_info_caches table, nova not populating for some instances

Don Waterloo don.waterloo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 19:04:08 UTC 2015

On 20 January 2015 at 13:22, Nathanael Burton <nathanael.i.burton at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Don,
>
> I created this bug [1] for Nova a while ago which sounds similar to the
> problem you're having although we were running nova-network not neutron.  I
> proposed a fix [1] for that bug but it never got merged because I didn't
> have time to write the tests.
>
> [1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1378459
> [2] - https://review.openstack.org/126633
>
> Nate

Thank you for that. I'm working on finding the root cause now. mine for
sure is not an upgrade nor a manual change to the db. In my case, the
instance starts life with a good info_cache, and then it mysteriously goes
to [] (python empty array). The heal keeps getting the value [] each time
for these instances.

So some debuggery is ahead of me. It sounds related for sure.