[Openstack] OpenStack On Debian Jessie

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 8 13:29:12 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-08 07:44:01 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> However, what would be a terrible idea would be starting to use
> Havana now. There's no work being done on Havana in Debian, and
> there's no work that anyone will do. So you'd be pretty much on
> your own, including for fixing any security issue. I believe
> there's already some security fixes that you would miss. So by all
> means, don't use Havana, and use Icehouse.
[...]

Also, OpenStack (upstream) has scheduled the final stable point
release of Havana, 2013.2.4, for 10 days from now. After that, the
OpenStack vulnerability management team will not be releasing
security advisories specific to Havana nor preparing official
backport patches for any bugs in Havana (security-related or
otherwise). I would definitely discourage anyone from deploying
Havana in new environments at this point... Icehouse has been
available for months and Juno is just around the corner now.
--
Jeremy Stanley