[Openstack] [Heat] trusts_delegated_roles=member?

Kieran Spear kispear at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 01:11:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking at configuring our Heat deployment to use trusts as the
deferred auth method. The requirement to grant each user the
heat_stack_owner role (or similar) makes things a bit awkward, since
we allow users to grant each other membership within a project and
don't want them to have to worry about specific roles for different
services.

I'm considering just setting:

trusts_delegated_roles=member

But I'm wondering if there are any security implications in doing this
that I haven't considered? Obviously we'd lose the ability to restrict
exactly what Heat can do with this trust, but it seems like this is
still a better alternative than not using trusts at all?

Cheers,
Kieran