[Openstack] missing many configuration with trove installation guide

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Wed May 28 08:13:08 UTC 2014

On 28/05/14 16:02, Yugang LIU wrote:

> I install trove following icehouse installation guide on ubuntu 14.04.
> Repository is cloud-archive:icehouse
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/apt/content/trove-install.html
>
> I install trove package, but do not find any "conf" file in /etc/trove.
>
> # apt-get install python-trove python-troveclient python-glanceclient \
>    trove-common trove-api trove-taskmanager
>

> I write "conf" file by myself refering the guide, but it miss many
> configuration for |/etc/trove/api-paste.ini|. Only have section
> "|filter:authtoken"|

Unfortunately, this is a bug in Ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openstack-trove/+bug/1308543

we are waiting for them to fix it for more than a month now.

There are also other problems with trove on ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openstack-trove/+bug/1308523
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openstack-trove/+bug/1308943

Regards,

Tom