[Openstack] Network Architecture - Separate Layer 2 and Layer 3 - neutron/network node only l2

Benoit ML ben42ml at gmail.com
Wed May 28 08:45:14 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm writing to you because I'd like to discute about the separation of
layer 2 and layer 3.

Can openstack network node only work on layer 2 with a dedicated server ?
and all layer 3 configuration done elsewere ?

The idea is :  netowk node manage layer 2 topologie (openvswitch/gre
tunnel) and  Layer 3  is dedicacted to virtual machine/application.
For evry tenant i'm thinking about a VM doing all L3 jobs (router,
firewall, loadbalancing, ....)

Did you see what i mean ? Is it possible ?

Thank you in advance !

Regads,

ps : sorry for my english ;)

--