[Openstack] [Neutron] General dev queries regarding neutron ovs agent

Ageeleshwar Kandavelu Ageeleshwar.Kandavelu at csscorp.com
Tue Mar 25 07:03:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have two queries regarding neutron ovs agent.

1. Correct me if I am wrong the ovs agent polls the neutron database for changes before creating resources. Why does the agent have to register with neutron-server. When I give 'neutron agent-list' I can see all the agents (l3, dhcp, ovs-plugin). What is the communication interface between the neutron-server and the agents. A link to the documentation would do.

2. I recon that the ovs agent is using subprocess to create interfaces on openvswitch. What api does it use to handling namespaces i.e., to create interfaces inside non default network namespace.

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K
http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php