[Openstack] libvirtd question

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 15:52:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:14:10AM +1200, Clint Dilks wrote:
> Is this expected ?
>
> I can understand the interfaces not being available as these are created by
> Neutron.

The interface should be created by the openvswitch agent.  You would
need all your openstack services to start (well, at least, all the
neutron services, and probably keystone) before you would be able to
successfully resume these instances.  I suspect that libvirtd is
starting before OpenStack, which is why you are seeing this error.

They should start successfully once you are able to log in and "nova
reboot" them.

It's possible you could make this work by having libvirtd start up
*after* your OpenStack services, but this isn't something I've tried.
I just restart things by hand when necessary.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ irc
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | "   "  @ twitter