[Openstack] Wiki love for projects pages

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Jan 7 17:41:49 UTC 2014

On 01/07/2014 02:26 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Note that the current wiki landing pages are about programs (collection
> of projects handled by the same development team), not projects. Would
> you rather have one page per project ? For example, one for Nova and one
> for Python-Novaclient ? Or just one for the Compute program listing both ?

Programs is better. The page for Compute program should have links to
the projects.

> Note that this duplicates information which has its reference elsewhere:
>
> Full name / Codename / PTL / Status (as well as list of projects) should
> appear in the governance repo (and in autogenerated governance docs) soon.
>
> Meetings appear on the calendar and also appear on the Meetings wikipage.
>
> So there is a risk for that information to go stale as the reference
> place gets modified...

Yep, I know the risk but that information needs to be shown there IMO.
Maybe one solution is to put just a link to the relevant pages (if there
is no way to automatically pull that info in the infobox from the
original source). Same thing with a link to 'How to contribute'
page/pages (as Daisy suggested).

Tom started working on an infobox-like Template:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/DEleteme

/stef