[Openstack] Neutron vs. FlatDHCP -- what's the latest?

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 22 08:46:48 UTC 2014

On 12/22/14 2:08 PM, Kevin Benton wrote:
> Can't you simulate the same topology as the FlatDHCPManager + Floating
> IPs with a shared network attached to a router which is then attached
> to an external network?

Mmmmaybe?  Floating IP support in nova-network is pretty great
(allocation, assignment, release, etc.) and allows us shuffle around a
small number of public IPs amongst a much larger number of instances.
Your suggestion doesn't address that, does it?  Short of my implementing
a bunch of custom stuff on my own?

-A