[Openstack] Neutron vs. FlatDHCP -- what's the latest?

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 09:42:56 UTC 2014

The shared network would have all of the VMs attached to it and would
just be private address space. The shared network would be connected
to a virtual router which would be connected to an external network
where all of your floating IPs come from. The floating IPs from there
would have the allocation, assignment, release features you are
looking for.

However, until the ARP poisoning protection is merged, shared networks
aren't very trustworthy across multiple tenants. So you should be able
to experiment with the Juno Neutron code in the topology I described
above to see if it meets your needs, but I wouldn't suggest a
production deployment until the L2 dataplane security features are
merged (hopefully during this cycle).

| Shared Network |   <--- All tenant VMs attach here

       | Router |

--
Kevin Benton