[Openstack] ram_allocation_ratio per compute node or per AZ

mad Engineer themadengin33r at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 14:19:30 UTC 2014

Thanks Antonio,
                          I added AggregateRamFilter in nova.conf of
scheduler and restarted nova-scheduler service and updated aggregate.

nova aggregate-set-metadata id ram_allocation_ratio=2.08
and i can see that in

nova aggregate-details 2
+----+---------------+-------------------+----------------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| Id | Name          | Availability Zone | Hosts          | Metadata

| 2  | overcommitted | second             | 'node8' |
'availability_zone=second', 'ram_allocation_ratio=2.08' |
but still scheduler log shows
  "Filter AggregateRamFilter returned 1 host(s)"
" Filter RamFilter returned 0 hosts"
and fails with error "instances:17 does not have 2048 MB usable ram,
it only has 613.5 MB usable ram."

Any idea?